Choosing the best office chair under 100 dollars:
A bad posture is one of the main culprits, which, along with the inactive lifestyle of today, causes major health problems. One of the main places where your posture matters a great deal is the office. One spends hours every day hunching at the computer in his workplace. This is why many younger people complain of backache, neck aches and more.
Offices, considering the welfare of their employees, should ditch the normal office furniture and choose ergonomic ones. A good office chair would imply that the employee is comfortable when he works and also can ensure his good health in the long run. A healthy employee is a more productive employee. Ergonomic furniture has gained popularity. They have become relatively less expensive than before. So choosing the best office chair under 100 dollars is quite easy.
How to choose the best office chair for under 100$?
There are certain aspects to look for in a perfect office chair. Here are some crucial features to look for while choosing the best office chair for under 100$:
- Adjustable seat height
Most office chair come with height adjustments. But look for one which fair well in the below aspects too, in addition to having an adjustable height. Adjusting your seat height aptly would reduce the strain on your neck and shoulders which might happen if you hunch or look up to the computer monitor.
- Support for your spine
Roughly 12 inches to 19 inches width is good for the backrest of the chair. Choose a chair that offers good support for your spine. Back aches and sore necks are mainly the result of bad back support in the chair.
- Support at the lumbar region
This is one thing that many traditional office chairs lack. But when you have to sit for a long time, having the right lumbar support is a mandatory factor to ensure healthy posture. A chair that comes with adjustable backrest is the best bet.
- Width of the seat
The width of the seat should be such that the thighs are supported well.
The cushioning and the padding of seat and backrest should be such that it makes sitting on the chair comfortable.
- Arm rest
Having an arm rest and neck rest are important too. If your armrests are adjustable, it might come in handy when you store your chairs under your desk. Also height adjustable armrests would ensure that your elbows are not strained while you are at the desk. Rightly adjusting the overall height of the chair and the height of the armrests, you can make sure that your wrists do not face strain while typing and using the mouse.
Learning from the best office chair under 100 customer reviews
Ask anyone who has ever switched to ergonomic office furniture, they are sure to sing praises about how their posture has improved in leaps and bounds. No more sore necks, no more back pains to prevent you from proceeding with your daily tasks. What else could you ask for? The best office chair under 100 customer reviews emphasise about why it is important for every organization should invest on these for their employees.
Here are some options to consider while you are looking to buy an ergonomic office chair:
Best office chair for under 100 dollars: Flash furniture mid-back office chair
This contemporary swivel chair comes with great support for the back. There is also a support at the lumbar region. It comes with removable armrests.
When assembled: (length x width x height)- 27” x 25.2” x 42.2”
- The padded mesh backrest is comfortable to lean on for longer periods.
- The width of the seat is comfortable to support the thighs
- The levels of height adjustment offered would make sitting comfortable at most standard height office desks.
- The seat might appear a bit too firm for some users
- The support offered at the lumbar region could have been better
- The width and the height of the backrest might appear a bit tight for those with larger frames.
The features that the chair offers are pretty good for the given price segment. Most users find the chair comfortable for regular office use. The design is not the best in the class but it definitely does offer better support than many others in this segment. Whether it can be called the best office chair for under 100 $ is up to the user’s preference, but it definitely is an option worth considering.
Another great option if you are looking for the best office chair for under 100$- basyx by hon hvl210:
With adjustable height and swivel adjustments to adjust the swivel tension, it is a great office chair.
When assembled: (length x width x height)- 33.5” x 24.5” x 38.2”
- Adjustable tilt makes it easy to choose a comfortable recline.
- The resin in the seat and the backrest is tough and this improves the durability of the chair
- The 5 year warranty is a plus too
- There is no support for the neck
- The chair is not great in the lumbar support aspect
- It comes without armrests
Customers who have used it consider it the best office chair for under 100$ because it offers a good support for the back. The seat is comfortably wide and the padding in the seat and the backrest offer a firm yet comfortable chair.
The best mesh office chair under 100 $- lexmod veer office chair:
While talking about mesh back office chairs, LexMod Veer chairs are quite popular. With adjustable tilt tension and a good support for the back, this makes a good chair to sit and work for hours.
When assembled: (length x width x height)- 25.5” x 24” x 40” (in the maximum height setting)
- The mesh back offers good support to the spine
- The flip-up armrest is an interesting addition. Most chairs come with removable armrest which would take some efforts to get the armrest out.
- It doesn’t offer enough support at the lumbar region
- The seat seems to tilt in the front- this factor along with the inclusion of mesh covered fabric, sometimes gives you a slippery feel while you sit on the chair
Customer reviews might not be in favour of calling this the best mesh office chair under 100 dollars. But in the below 100 $ price segment, this is one chair which is definitely good on the looks and in terms of the support it offers.
For the best office chair under 100$- AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Chair:
In terms of sophistication in styling this is definitely the best office chair under 100$. With ergonomic design and good levels of height adjustment, this executive chair is a great one to consider.
When assembled: (length x width x height)- 29.13” x 21.59” x 45.08”(in the maximum height setting)
- The looks segment is where it is a clear winner. The leather and PVC make the chair an aesthetic addition to the workplace
- Padding of the backrest and the seat are comfortable for longer use of the chair
- There is good support at the lumbar region
- The armrests are not adjustable
- The leather and PVC combination make it a bit warm to sit for longer periods
Customers who have used the chair rate it as the best office chair under 100$ mainly for the elegant design and the comfortable seat and backrest. The cushioning on the armrest is another good addition. It is definitely a good ergonomic chair, though not the best in the segment with respect to all its features.
Can New High Back Executive Leather Ergonomic Office Chair w/Metal Base be termed the best ergonomic office chair under 100 dollars?
Made of faux leather, this office chair looks neat for any office setup. The cushioned armrest and the ergonomically contoured backrest make it comfortable to sit.
When assembled: (length x width x height)- 30” x 24” x 47”(in the maximum height setting)
- The water resistant faux leather fabric upholstery makes the maintenance of the chair easy
- The support at the lumbar region is good.
- The faux leather used is not a very breathable material making the chair a bit too warm to sit for longer duration
- Armrest is not adjustable
Customers rate this, the best ergonomic office chair under 100 $ mainly for the back and the thigh support it offers. The fact that it does not have sufficient recline options might be a bit of a turn off for some users though.
The best office chair under 100 for gaming -Giantex Pu Leather Executive Racing Style Bucket Seat Chair Sporty Office Desk Chair:
If you are looking to make your office space unique, consider this sporty looking chair. Its styling is sure to add some warmth to a serious office environment. But great looks don’t come with any compromise on the features either. With comfortable backrest and height adjustments, this chair comes with a good mix of features for comfort in this segment.
- Seat: 20” x 20”
- Seat height: 18.1” to 21.2”
- Back rest: 20”x 28.7”
- The bucket seat design offers great comfort and enough support for the thighs
- The contoured backrest is supportive to the spine and the lumbar area.
- The flip type armrests make the chair convenient to use
- The height of the default position of the armrest might appear a bit too high which might make it uncomfortable for some users.
- The padding in the seat is definitely not the best in the class.
This fun looking chair is termed as the best office chair under 100 for gaming by most of its users. The overall quality and ease of assembly are two other aspects that many customers name as positives in the chair. Another brownie point is for the design which is out of the box as against other usual normal looking office chairs.
One last entrant in the best office chair under 100 – cheap office furniture segment – Mid Back Mesh Ergonomic Computer Desk Office Chair O12 :
Mesh back chairs are the most popular among office chairs as the breathable mesh make it convenient for long use. With decent support for the back this chair also comes with good height adjustment options.
When assembled: (length x width x height)- 20” x 24” x 37.4” (in the maximum height setting)
- Soft padding makes the seat comfortable
- Height of the armrests is perfect. So you could push your chair under your desk when not in use.
- The light weight of the chair also makes the handling easy
- There is no proper lumbar support offered
- Armrests are not adjustable
In terms of the price this one is definitely the best office chair under 100 – cheap enough for any small office set up too. The customer reviews depict the fact that it does not compromise on the quality either. From the collective opinion of the users, it is definitely not the most ergonomic option available and the support it offers might not be ideal for efficient long term usage but for a decent office chair at a very affordable price, this chair hardly has a competition.
A final verdict from the best office chair under 100 reviews:
If good quality and low pricing are your only requirements, then you have a lot of options in this price segment. The number of choices you get though for the best ergonomic design is pretty less. Office furniture is a long term investment for the benefit of the employee and thus the company too.
Choose wisely all the office furniture to ensure the provision of a comfortable workplace. However, no matter how ergonomic the design of the chair and the office desk is, always remember that sitting for long hours does more harm than you expect. Remember to get up and stretch a bit to enjoy the full benefits of the ergonomic office furniture.